Saturday, October 1, 2016

Brisbane trip

I recently embarked on a trip to Brisbane, Queensland. A group of my incredible friends from Brisbane surprised me for my birthday by buying me a flight voucher to go and visit them.  I was over the moon when I received the gift - I am truly blessed to have such kind friends.

I stayed in Brisbane for just over a week. I was feeling pretty good before leaving but wasn't feeling all that good when I arrived in Brisbane. I think that the flight took it out of me a bit.
I still had a fantastic time away in the sunshine. I was feeling well enough on some days to go to the beach and to do things that normal people do. Although I was experiencing some migraines, joint pain and fatigue, I was generally feeling pretty good 😊.

However, while I was away it was hard to stay on top of my strict diet. This resulted in me indulging in a few food items that I shouldn't have eaten. I ate a gluten free bun and rice noodles on the 2nd day that I arrived in Brisbane... Lots of grains that I usually avoid as they upset my stomach and cause inflammation in my body. Unfortunately the food really didn't digest well and I ended up having internal bleeding as well as a loss of appetite and nauseousness for the following three days.
I feel as though this setback, as well as a few other issues that have come up - have sent me backwards in my recovery process. Since returning back home to Melbourne I haven't been feeling my best. I feel as though I have a had a little relapse. I have been experiencing deliberating migraines, vertigo and lots of joint pain. My ears are also severely infected which means they have a lot of fluid built up in them which causes noise sensitivity, pain and dizziness. As a result of all this physical pain that I have been dealing with, it has been difficult for me to stay on track with my routine that I had going. I haven't been doing much exercise other than the occasional 10 minute walk and some stretching here and there.

After doing a one day juice fast, having an epsom salt bath and performing a coffee enema on myself.. I am finally starting to feel better. Let's hope that I continue to experience less pain :).

Here are some photos that I took of my time in Queensland...
It's amazing to look back on these photos and see that I was feeling so good only 3 weeks ago!!
I feel so lucky to have spent such a beautiful time with my friends, doing many of the things that I have been unable to do for so long.
These photos were taken on my film camera: Nikon FM10.
Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment