Monday, June 13, 2016

Healing Food

I have spent a lot of time in the kitchen this past week, as my vertigo has improved a lot.
I went for a huge shop at the beginning of the week - I like to purchase my fruit and vegetables locally from a wonderful Hydroponic greenhouse in the Yarra Valley. I try to buy organic as I don't want to put more toxins (pesticides) in my body!
Before finding out that I had Lyme disease, I was a vegetarian and was always into eating healthily and consciously. When I was told that the Paleo diet is essential for a recovery from Lyme disease, my initial thoughts were negative, as I have always associated the Paleo diet with a lot of meat. I thought wrong! Paleo is all about fresh, whole, real food - and healing the gut! I am really enjoying the diet and have adapted it to my own liking. As it was no longer appropriate to gain my protein from legumes or grains, I had to start eating some meat again. Initially, I was terrified. I have slowly started eating white meat again (fresh fish and organic free range chicken). Moreover, I have been making bone broth every week in order to heal my gut! I love drinking my bone broth every morning with lemon, turmeric, pepper, cumin and cinnamon.

Below I will show what my daily food diary generally looks like.

My vegetables for the week!
Breakfast (usually vegetables with an egg)

 Salad or leftovers from previous dinner for lunch


                          Snack  (usually a green smoothie)                  Curry for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment